الجمعة، 3 سبتمبر 2010

Hume Tumse Hua Hai Pyaar Chapter . 5


Hume Tumse Hua Hai Pyaar Chapter .
Bani feels herself being shook roughly in her sleep, disturbing in on her dream. She awakes abruptly and immediately is blinded by the strong sunrays coming from her bedroom windows. She shields her eyes with her hand and slowly makes out the image of Rano's appearance before her.
Bani: (croaks) Rano? What is wrong with you? ---Why are you here so early in the morning?
Rano: Because sleepyhead… I have some important news to tell you.
Bani yawns and turns her back on her, placing her head back onto her soft pillow.
Bani: Baadmein batao… Mujhe abhi sona hai… (trans: Tell me later… I want to sleep.)
Again Rano shakes her harshly, startling Bani completely out of her dazed state.
Rano: Baaanneeee!
Bani: (annoyed) Kya hai Rano! (practically barks) What is it that you need to tell me so early in the morning? Can't you wait
Rano does something that shocks the living daylights out of Bani. She thrusts her left hand in to her view and presents the huge diamond rock on her ring finger that gleams at her. Bani stares at it wide-eyed, not saying a word since she is so speechless.
Rano: (squeals) I'm engaged!
She closes her eyes and then opens them once again, wondering whether she is delusional and seeing things. But nope, the ring is still there on her finger. Then it finally hits home….

Bani: (screams) You're getting married!
Rano: (equally enthusiastic) I'm getting married!

Bani: Rano!

Rano: Bani
Bani: Oh my God Rano! (squeals) I can't believe it! How? When? Where?!
Rano: Veer proposed at dinner last night! He said that he believes I'm the one and that he doesn't want to delay anymore and wants to marry me right away! We're getting married this week!

Bani's eyes pop out from their sockets as she hears this bit of information.
Bani: This week! (squeaks)
Rano: (smiling elatedly, blushing) Yes!
Bani: But why so fast? I mean, there's so much I want to do for your wedding! You're my best friend, I have to plan everything! A week isn't enough time!

Rano: I know Bani, but he says he doesn't want to wait and that the sooner we get married the better. His parents have already consulted to a pundit ji and he says that the nearest date is on the 7th, this Friday, or else we will have to wait for another three months. Aur tum to Ranveer ko jaante ho na. He will never learn to be patient.

Tears begin to cloud in Bani's eyes as the news of Rano's engagement starts to have its effect on her. Rano, her best friend and sister of six years, going to be married this very week? She will be a married woman. Things will change… They won't be the same anymore.
Rano: Bani, what's wrong? Why are you crying? (simmering down, worried)
Bani: (trying to blink away her tears) Kuch nahi… I … I am just so happy for you Ranu…. My best friend is getting married… It just feels so surreal.
Rano: (tears glistening in her eyes too, smiling understandingly) I know… I can't believe it myself. But here I am, right in front of you, showing off my beautiful diamond ring.

Bani chuckles a little as this and Rano joins her. She brings out her arms, silently without any words beckoning her to give her a hug. Bani willingly goes into her embrace.
Bani: Ranveer will keep you happy…. I know that. But even then, if he even brings a single tear to your eyes, tell him that I know where he lives.

Rano: (giggling) Shall I give you the new address first?
Bani stills in Rano's arms and pulls back, staring at her with astonishment.
Bani: New address?
Rano: (nodding her head) We will be moving right after we get married.
Bani: (croaks) But why?
Rano: Bani, tum to jaanti thi ke Ranveer Delhi wapas jhaana chaata hai… Wahan uska Bhaiya ka business hai… Now that he has finished his degree, he wants to join him there and work. (trans: Bani, you knew that Ranveer wanted to go back to Delhi. His brother's business is over there.)

Bani: Lekin---I didn't think in a million years that he would take you along! (protesting)
Rano: (scoffs) Kyon? Did you think we'd never get married? That eventually we would break off?
Bani: (sheepishly) No offense Ran, but you were never really good at keeping a stable relationship. I was even surprised that you managed to stay with Veer for this long.
Rano: … (coolly taking this in) Well I guess I can't blame you for thinking like that. I never had a relationship that has lasted more than a couple of months.

Bani nods her head in agreement and laughs as Rano glares at her for doing so.
Rano: Don't poke fun at my failed relationships.
Bani: (changing the topic) Rano, I'm going to miss you. Who is going to irritate me nonstop and make me angry for always being late?
Rano: (smiling) I'll find a way. Don't think that just because I'm getting married and moving away that I won't be a constant bug in your life anymore.
Bani: Good, because I don't want to have to.
Feeling emotional just about now, Rano hugs Bani and begins to tear up.
Rano: (whispers) You are going to fulfill all the duties of a sister in my wedding, do you hear me?
Bani nods her head, choking up herself with tears.
Bani: (her voice watery) Loud and clear.
Rano: Bani, I love you. I am going to miss you so much. Thank you for being a part of my life. You mean everything to me.
Bani: As you do to me Rano.
Rano: You won't forget me after I'm gone?
Bani: Never.
Rano: Will you visit?
Bani: Every time I can.
Rano: Good. Because I think I will go insane by constantly only seeing Veer's face for the rest of my life.
Bani: (laughing through tears) Pagali, then why are you marrying him?
Rano: This may be the only shot I have at getting married missy! I'm not going to let it go away!
Bani: (laughing even more) Hain hain, jhooti. Mujhe pata hai ke tum Veer ko baut pyaar kaarti ho… (trans: Sure sure, liar. I know that you love Veer a lot.)
Rano remains silent, blushing as a response, and tightens her hold on Bani, giving her answer.
Bani: I will hope and pray that you have a very happy, love filled marriage and are blessed with tons of bald chubby babies.
Rano gasps and removes herself out of their embrace. She brings her hands onto her hips and stares down at her.
Rano: Do you wish to destroy my figure?
Bani: Of course! So then I will look beautiful compared to you! (cheeky smile)
Rano: Bani Dixit, I will murder you with my two bare hands!-----Don't you dare pray for that!



**********************************************************************
 
Mere nach vich khul gayi baal
Bhabhi meri gut kar de
Minu chadiya solwa saal
Bhabhi meri gut kar de
Nach vich khul gayi baal
Bhabhi meri gut kar de
Kaala doriya kunde naal aadiyaayi, oye
Ke chhota devra bhabhi naal laadiyaayi oye
Kukdi o leni jid kud kud kar diye
Chhore nai jaana saath bud bud kar diye
Ek punjaban, kudi punjaban
Hey, ek punjaban dil churaake le gayi, hai
Sona sona, hai dil mera sona
Sona sona, dil mera sona

Since the wedding was in such a limited time, the Obreois and Debs did not have much time to take part in all of the pre-wedding ceremonies. Therefore, the Obreois held one simple sangeet in which they would mix in the mehendi and haldi rasam all together. The hall buzzes with activity as girls dance to the beat of the music, get henna adorned on their hands, and tease the bride-to-be mercilessly. Rano glows lovely in a simple yellow saree in the midst of a circle of women, who apply haldi on her. This is how Jai sees her as he arrives with his siblings, dressed in a formal black suit, looking handsomer than usual. He smiles as Rano catches his eye and walks forward to join her after she beckons him to do so with a soft nod. He arrives at the small stage where Rano sits on the side of and seats himself down at the floor next to her.

"Arre Jai beta, tum yahan? Hum saabne to socha ke tum nahi aaonga," Rano's mother exclaims with surprise on seeing him. Jai smiles devilishly at her and says sweetly, "Aunty, main aapni behen ki sangeet mein shamaal nah hoon, kya yeh kabhi hosakta?" Karuna Obreoi smiles in a pleased manner at his answer. She fondly pinches his cheek and kisses him on his forehead. "Tum mera saabse accha beta ho…," she replies. "Jaante ho tum, haina?" Jai takes his aunty's hands into his and grins at her.
(trans: Arre Jai beta, you here? We all thought you weren't going to come…… Aunty, is it possible that I won't come to my own sister's sangeet?.... .. You are my good child. You know this?...)
Jai: Jaanta hoon… But if I beat Rano is what I really want to know.

"Bhaiya!," Rano stares at him, appalled. Jai chuckles as his eyes twinkle with mischief.
Rano: Aap bhi na.... Aap hamesha mere peeche kyon paare ho? (trans: You are too much… Why are you always after me?)
Jai: Hey chashmesh. Main tumhse nahi, tumhari maa se baath khar raha hoon. Boliye Aunty… (trans: Hey four eyes, I'm talking to your mother, not you. Tell me Aunty…)
Karuna: Arre beta, jab tumhe jawaab pata hai, phir tum poochte kyon? (trans: Arre son, when you know the answer, why do you ask?)
Jai grins in victory while Rano stares at both of them, clearly upset.
Rano: Ma! Don't pick him over me! Main aapki beti hoon! (trans: I am your daughter!)

 
Jai: (sighs) Aunty, don't you ever get tired from listening to this mad girl? All the time she is just complaining. She doesn't know how to do anything else.
Rano's eyes pop out like saucers.
Rano: Mad?!
Karuna: (giggles) Bus bhi karo Jai… aur maat saatao meri beti ko. Uski sangeet hai… shaadi karnewali … aab ke liye usko chordo… (trans: Enough already Jai… don't tease my daughter anymore. It's her sangeet….she's getting married… at least now leave her alone.)

Rano: Aab aapko ehsaas hua ke main aapki beti hoon… hmph! (trans: Now you realize I am your daughter…hmph!)

Jai: Arre Rano, did Aunty and Uncle not tell you?
Rano: (suddenly interested in what he has to say) Kya? Tell me what?
Jai: Aunty, aap bhi nah… Kaab thak ke liye aap iss se saach chupoonge? Aaj nahi to kaal pata chaljoonga… (trans: Aunty you are too much… For how long will you keep the truth away from her? If not today, tomorrow she will find out.)
Rano: Kya? Ma, Bhaiya kya kaehreh hai? Kaunsa saach? (trans: What? Ma, what is Bhaiya saying? What truth?)
Jai: Rano tum bura naa mano… joh main tumhe bataanewala hoon… uss se phele yaad karna ke joh bhi kuch hoye, Aunty aur Uncle hamesha tumhare maa baap rehenge… (trans: Rano, don't take this the wrong way… but before I tell you, remember that Aunty and Uncle will always remain as your parents.)

Rano: Bhaiya, aap baataiye to saahi… (trans: Bhaiya, will you at least tell me.)
Jai: Rano… the truth is that you were adopted. You're some hobo man's daughter who Aunty and Uncle bumped into and took pity to, so they took you in to unburden him.
Rano: Maaa!!!
Jai chuckles loudly while Rano gets all worked up on throttling him right there. Karuna has to push Rano back to save Jai.
Karuna: Rano, he was kidding sweetie! You are not adopted. For Heaven's sake, you are your father's replica and you know it too! Now calm down.
Rano: (acting all weepy) Aap phele isse kaaediye ke woh yahan se jaaye… I don't want him here. (trans: First tell him to leave from here.)

Jai perches his elbow onto Rano's knee and stares up at her with feigned innocence.

Jai: Kyon Bhai, maine kya kiya? Main to aapni behen ko milna chaata tha… Shaadi karnwali hai woh… (trans: Why, what did I do? I wanted to meet my sister…. She's getting married.)

Rano: (moody) Main aapki koi behen wehen nahi hoon….aur bahna nahi chaati. (trans: I am not your sister.. nor do I want to be.)
Jai: (continuing to laugh) Arre meri pyaari se Rano, gussa maat hoye… main to mazaak khar raha tha… Kya yeh haaq ek bhai ko nahi hai? (trans: My sweet Rano, don't be angry. I was simply joking. Does a brother not have this right?)
Rano smiles a little at him on hearing this. She can never manage to stay mad at him for longer than a minute.
Rano: Hai… lekin you tend to take advantage of it a lot.
Jai: Sorry baba. I promise, I won't harass you until you are safely married. Accha now tell me gulaabo, where is the haldi. Mujhe bhi tum par lagana… (trans: I want to put it on you as well.)

Before Rano can even protest, her mother brings out the container of the haldi, presenting it before Jai. Jai smiles and scoops some up with his fingers. He tenderly smears it onto Rano's cheeks and kisses her affectionately on her head.
Jai: May you have a happy successful marriage. And be blessed with beautiful children who I can spoil rotten.
Rano flushes dark red and mumbles, "Why is everyone mentioning children so soon?"
Jai: Because love, that is what is mostly expected out of marriage.
Rano: I thought marriage was about two people wanting to stay committed and love each other for the rest of their lives. Now what happened to that definition?
Jai: That's bull crap. What people want are children.
Jai laughs as Rano grows glum on hearing this. Karuna simply giggles, enjoying the way Jai always teases her daughter. It is merely his way of showing his love to her.

Jai: Hey Rano… Tumhara Ranveer kaise dekhta? (trans: How does your Ranveer look?)
Rano: (blushes, shy) Bhaiya, he's really handsome. You will see for yourself tomorrow.
Jai: Accha? Is that so? Then you did an excellent thing in choosing Ranveer. He will make up for your lackings with his looks and your children will be beautiful. So no worries there.
Rano: (eyes pop out, her mouth falls open) Ma!!!
Karuna: Arre Rano, shaant hojao… Tum bhi nah… Saab kya sochonge? ---Ke Dulhaan pagal hai? Chup chaap baati raho… Jai doesn't mean anything he says… (trans: Rano, calm down… You are too much. What will everything think----that the bride is crazy?
Rano: Then why does he say it? (whimpering)
Karuna: Arre pagli, woh tujhse pyaar karta hai… yeh to uska taareeka hai dekhaanliye… (trans: He loves you… this is his way of showing that to you.)
Jai: (sighs) Finally, someone who understands me…. Kya Rano, you are such a bummer. You take everything too seriously.
Rano: Bhaiya, you said earlier you would not tease me any longer. Then what are you doing right now?
Jai: I did not tease. I was only saying the truth.
Rano: Mama!
Karuna gets up and waves her hands at them in tired defeat.
Karuna: No more Mama. Your Mama is going to go check on some things. I will be back later.
Rano: No mama, don't leave me alone with Bhaiya!
Jai: Arre, what do I look like to you? Some kind of animal who's going to eat you?
Rano: Worse.
Karuna: (sighs) I will call for Bani, teek hai? Woh tumhe bachaolongi. (trans: She will save you.)
Jai's chuckles subside as he hears Bani's name and he grows silent, which Rano notices right away.
"Bani beta!," Karuna calls out for her across the hall. Bani, who had been speaking to Anu at the entrance way, turns around on being acknowledged. Jai keeps his gaze lowered as she approaches them at the stage and smiles politely at Rano's mother.

Bani looks elegantly beautiful in a simple light blue faux georgette saree with sequins and bead work on the border and blouse. She wears her hair out in wavy subtle curls and has long dangling earrings adorning her ears as well silver bangles as her only jewelry.

Bani's Saree:

 


 



Bani: Ji Aunty?
Karuna: (returning the smile) Beta, tum yahan Rano ke paas baatsakti ho? Mujhe zarra kaam hai… Please. (trans: Beta, will you sit here with Rano? I have some work.)

Bani switches her gaze over to Rano and sees Jai there beside her, looking elsewhere. Her heart rises on the sight of him, looking gallantly handsome in a black attire, seeming every bit like the prince he is. Her cheeks bloom red on the thought and she turns her attention back to Aunty, who waits for her reply.
Bani: (sweetly) J-Ji… I don't mind… Aap jaasakte… (trans: You may go.)
Karuna flashes a thankful smile before vanishing off to complete some pending work. Bani hesitantly nears Rano and Jai at the stage, shyly tucks a lock of her hair behind her ear, and ignores the knowing look on her best friend's face.
Just as Bani sits down on the other side of Rano, Jai rubs the back of his neck nervously and says hastily, "Uh Rano, main chaalta hoon… Tum yahan tumhari friends ke saath baathein karo… Main Uncle se milta hoon…" Bani's face falls with disappointment on him leaving but is surprised on seeing Rano quickly take hold of his arm, preventing him from going. (trans: Uh, Rano, I'll take your leave… You stay here and talk with your friends… I will go and meet Uncle.)

Rano: Kya Bhaiya… You don't want to tease me anymore? Whenever Mama and Papa aren't around, you always take advantage of the opportunity to do so even more. Aab kya hua?
Jai: Kuch nahi… I just really think I should at least meet Uncle.
Rano: (retorts) You see Papa all the time. You are here today for me, not him. You stay put right here. Aapki behen ki shaadi hai… aapka uncle ka nahi… (trans: It is your sister's wedding… not your uncle's.)
Jai: Main yahan saab laadkiyan ke beech kya karoonga? (trans: What will I do here amongst all you girls?)
Rano: Yeh aapne saahi kaha…Hey Bani, Bhaiya kya karega? (trans: You are right… Hey Bani, what will Bhaiya do?)
Bani blushes with having Jai's eyes on her at that precise moment. She lowers her head and softly answers…
Bani: Tumse baath karega … tumhari shaadi ke baare… Veer ke baare mein poochonge… tum dono ke plans sunoge… (trans: He will talk to you… about your wedding… ask about Veer…. Listen to both of your plans.)
Rano: Correct! ---Aapne suna Bhaiya?! Aap yeh saabh karoonge… joh Bani neh kaha… (trans: Did you hear bhaiya?! You will do everything that Bani has said.)
Jai keeps his eyes on Bani, whereas she avoids looking back at him….
Rano: Aab jhaldi se poochlo…. Yeh mauka aapko phir kabhi nahi milonga… I will refuse to tell later. (trans: Now ask quickly. You won't get this chance ever again.)
Jai: Teek hai… Tum dono neh kya kya plans----
Rano: Wait, wait, wait!
Rano bites down on her tongue and hits herself on her head.

Rano: Main to bhulgi! Main to Bani ko aapse introduce bhi nahi kiya! Sorry na, bad manners. ---- Bhaiya, yeh hai meri best friend, Bani Dixit! Hum Mumbai mein mile the… aur tab se best friends raahe! Aur yeh yahan--- (trans: I forgot! I did not introduce Bani to you!---Bhaiya, this is my best friend! We both met in Mumbai and have been friends since then.)
Bani glares at Rano, not understanding what she is up to. Her friend knows that she and Jai have met. Then what is she doing?
Jai: You don't need to do introductions… Hum phele bhi milchuke… Kiran Aunty ki baanji hai… main yeh jaanta hoon… (trans: We have met before… She is Kiran Aunty's niece… I know this.)

Rano: (feigning shock) Oh, really? … Then you two must already be friends! ----Isn't she wonderful Bhaiya?

Jai: (stammers, sheepishly) … H-hain… woh to hai…
Bani blushes further and stares down at her lap. Rano smiles widely, pleased by his response.
Rano: Bani bilkul meri behen jaise hai… isliye you will see her doing a lot of work and dancing for my wedding. Bani se better dancer hai nahi! She is simply amazing… Aap dekhiye na… kaise who saab ki aur aapki hosh uraadongi… (winks) (trans: Bani is just like my sister… No one is a better dancer than bani. You just watch how she leaves you and everyone else senseless…)

Bani: Ranoo… (terribly shy, pleading for her to stop)
Rano: Arre, saach to kaehri hoon main … Dekhiye bhaiya, meri behen saab kuch khar rahi hai meri shaadi ke liye… aap kya karoonge? (trans: I am saying the truth…Look Bhaiya, my sister is doing everything possible for my wedding…. What will you do?)

Jai: Main yahan hoon… kya yeh tumhare liye kaafi nahi hai? (trans: I am here… Is that not enough for you?)
Rano: Not at all…
Jai: To phir kya chaati ho tum? (trans: Then what do you want?)
Rano: Arre, a little work for my wedding would be nice Bhaiya. It would show that you actually care for me…

Jai: Accha, to phir tum sochti ho ke main tumhari shaadi ke liye kuch bhi nahi kaar raha hoon… (trans: Oh, so you think I'm not doing anything for your wedding?)
Rano: That's what it seems like…
Rano yelps in pain as Jai tugs hard on her ear.
Jai: Hey chashmesh, who do you think helped in decorating your mandap today, huh? Who ordered the flowers for your wedding? Who helped Aunty send out cards? Who's managing your reception at your father's hotel?
Rano: Ow, Bhaiya! (whining)
Bani stifles her giggles as she watches this cute relationship of brother and sister displayed right before her. She smiles softly at the scene and watches with silent eyes as Jai chuckles and enjoys harassing Rano, who pleads for him to stop. As far as she has known him, she has never seen him so relaxed and behaving truly like himself without any self restraints.

Rano: Okay, main maanti hoon ke aap baut saara kuch khar rahe hai… Sorry that I doubted you. But seriously Bhaiya, this is not a way to treat the bride-to-be.

Jai: Oh really? Then how am I supposed to? Am I supposed to get you a throne and carry you around in it?
Rano: (smirks) That's not such a bad idea.
Bani, who hears Karuna call out for her, slips away without interfering in their new banter and doesn't attract much notice to herself…. It isn't until awhile that Rano again concedes defeat and looks to her side for some support from her friend, only not to find her there.
Rano: Arre, yeh Bani kahan chaalagayi? ---Bhaiya did you see where she went? (trans: Arre, where has Bani gone?)
Jai: (equally surprised) No… I didn't know that she left.
Rano: Kahan gaayi hai woh… Hey Preeti, did you see where Bani went? (trans: Where did she go…)
Rano asks a girl behind her, who was involved in deep discussion with the other girls around her.
Preeti: She left quite awhile ago. I don't know where she went though.
Rano: Kamaal hai… yeh Bani bhi naa… She is supposed to stay by my side.
Jai: Woh kyon?
Rano: Arre, she is my best friend! Obviously I need her with me at all times.
Jai: I will never be able to understand you girls. You all just can't bear a moment without one another. Haar jaaga peh dekho, tum saab hamesha ek dusre ke saath ho. (trans: Wherever you look, you all are always together.)
Rano: Yes, because we all would just die without each other. (emphasizing die) …. Bhaiya… please, aap zarra dekho ke woh hai kahan… I want her to be the first to apply mehendi on me… (trans: Please, would you go see where she is.)
Jai: Rano, she's not a little girl that has to be looked after… She'll find her way back. Maybe she's busy in some work.
Rano: But you heard Preeti, she left awhile ago. What could possibly be keeping her so busy for so long? Please jaaye na… Aur waise bhi, it's getting time for the girls to perform, and she's the one who's going to start it off.
Jai: Raanoo… if you want her here so bad, then why don't you go?
Rano: Arre, I have haldi on me all over… I'm not gonna go walking around. Please, Bhaiya.
Jai: (grim) I'll send Anu to go look for her.
Rano: No, no---not her, only you.
Jai: (raises a brow) Kyon?
Rano licks her lips nervously with his fixed eyes on her as she tries to come up with a decent excuse quickly.
Rano: Don't you see? She's busy at the moment. She's talking to her friends. Bechari wants to catch up with them. Don't disturb her. You on the other hand are doing absolutely nothing. So you can go and look for her.
Jai: But----
Rano: Bhaiya, just do it. (demanding)

Jai scowls as he gives Rano one last look before getting up and walking off. Rano smiles in victory while watching him go away in search of her friend….
************************************************************

Jai wasn't really planning on going to find Bani. In fact, he didn't feel it was necessary. She would eventually come back. Rano was panicking for no reason. And why should it be him that goes to look for her? It wasn't until Karuna Aunty bumped into him and worriedly asked him if he knew where she was. That was when he was beginning to get worried as well.
"I sent her to get the camera from my room, but that was such a long time ago. I haven't seen her since," she said with concern and slight confusion. He took her hands and simply nodded comfortingly. "I'll find her", he replied before looking around….

*************************************************************

Bani, after a few moments of searching, found the digital camera and made her way out of the Karuna's room to go on back downstairs, where the occasion was taking place. As she looks through the camera curiously, she hears a bark and looks up to find Rano's large brown and black dog staring at her with his paws stretched out, preparing to leap out into a run. She is astonished to see him there as he was strapped and kept safely away from everyone in one of the guest rooms. She panics just as he does so, headed straight at her and quickly tries to doge him by rushing into one of the rooms, only to have him following her tail. Not knowing how else to avoid the humongous dog, she gets herself up onto the dresser in the room and watches the dog excitedly trying to reach her, jumping up high, seeming as if he wants to attack her…..

*****************************************************************

Karuna Aunty had said she sent Bani to her room, so that is where he went first. On reaching the top of the stairs, he hears a familiar barking and muffled sounds coming from the end of the hallway. He hurriedly follows the noise and turns the doorknob, swinging the door open revealing a shocking surprise to him. He watches momentarily as Peter leaps up high to get Bani, who stands on top of the dresser, begging him to leave her alone…. Bani leans back frighteningly against the wall behind her, placing both hands on it, and looks absolutely helpless without a clue of how to handle the situation. That is when Jai steps in and grabs Peter by his loose leash, trying to pull him back away from her.

Jai: (demanding tone) Peter, no! Get back! Sit down you damn dog. Sit!

Peter whimpers and listens to Jai after struggling with him for awhile. Jai pats his head gently before eyeing a scarred Bani, who stares back at him wide eyed. He offers his hand to her in order to help her get down from the high height from the dresser top to the floor.
Jai: Sorry about Peter. He just gets excited when he sees people he likes. He means no harm.
Bani: (her voice trembling) But he was attacking me…
Bani slips her small hand into his while Jai lazily smiles at what she says….
Jai: He's not vicious. He's a friendly dog…. a little too friendly at times. He perhaps just wanted you to pet him…

As Bani makes a movement to get down with the support from Jai, Peter immediately gets up from his sitting position and once again starts pouncing up and down, eager to greet Bani while barking mad. Bani pulls back and gives Jai a worried look, who tries to move the dog back and out of the way.
Jai: He really seems to like you…. (clearly amused as he's never seen him so excited before)
Bani: Can you tell him not to like me? (feebly asks)
Jai tries hard not to laugh at her cute innocence and settles for a grin instead.
Jai: It seems impossible at this point. He is clearly dazzled by you. (light chuckle)
Peter grows more and more eager by the second and Jai finds that he can't get Bani down without having her attacked by the dog. He does something that catches Bani off guard… he pulls her forward with their still clasped hands and swings her up in his arms, causing her to softly gasp and stare at him with a bewildered expression. She brings her arms around his neck and hugs herself close to him as Peter starts to climb up against Jai's legs to reach her….burying her face into the crook of his neck. Jai lightly pushes him back with his leg and begins to walk out from the room with Peter following after them. Knowing very well that this would be the only way in handling Peter, Jai uses Bani to lure him back into the guest room as his black eyes are transfixed on her. Reaching the end of the hall, Jai kicks open the door and gingerly places Bani onto the bed. However, Bani protectively hangs onto him for dear life as Peter once again heads for her, looking thrilled. Jai steps in front of Bani's view, blocking it from the dog and takes him by his leash. He leads him over to the other end of the room where he ties him to a desk leg. Jai gives Peter a sympathetic smile while petting him affectionately…
Jai: You're a good dog… but you're just scaring her at the moment. Be a good boy and stay here.
In a sulky manner, Peter sits down next to the desk and sinks his head onto his front legs. Jai turns around and looks at Bani, who still stares at Peter cautiously. He smiles reassuringly at her…
Jai: It's fine now… He won't get out this time.
Bani slowly moves off of the bed and joins him where he stands. She looks at him embarrassed with her cheeks slightly pink.
Bani: (softly) Thank you…
Jai: (nods his head, acknowledging her gratitude) … Karuna aunty and Rano were getting worried about where you disappeared off to…

Bani: (sheepish) Hain woh… I just didn't know how to take care of him… I saw him and panicked… He wouldn't let me go.
Jai: (soft smile) I understand… You should go on downstairs… Rano's waiting for you.
Bani: You're not coming?
Jai: I'll be down in a minute…. But you go on….
Bani nods her head and gives him one last hesitant look before leaving from the room, her heart thumping loudly against her chest. She arrives downstairs with blushed cheeks…..
Jai looks back over to Peter and grabs him a chew toy to keep him occupied. He also turns to leave, but seeing the digital camera left behind on the bed stops him. He takes it into his hands and proceeds on downstairs himself…

********************************************************

Just as Bani comes off the last step of the stairs, Karuna aunty approaches her with query.
Karuna: Arre Bani beta, where were you? I was getting worried?
Bani: (embarrassed) Woh.. aunty… I got caught up by the dog. He got loose and wouldn't let me go.
Karuna: Peter is out of his leash? (worried)
Bani: Nahi nahi, not anymore. The problem is handled.
Karuna: Well have you brought the camera like I asked you to?
Bani is about to answer in an affirmative until she realizes that she has left it upstairs as she was so caught up in being harassed by the dog. She curses herself. Before she can even apologize to Karuna, she hears a voice from behind cut her off….
"Here it is Aunty… sorry for the delay," Jai answers for her instead, coming off the last step of the stairs as well, standing right beside her. Karuna gladly takes it from him and smiles.
Karuna: Thank you beta….
Jai just grins. Bani blushes by their close proximity. Karuna turns to her.
Karuna: Bani beta, you should hurry on now. Rano has been waiting for you for awhile now. Besides, the girls say that they are ready to perform.
Bani: Ji.
Jai watches Bani leave in a flash and disappear into the crowds of people….. It isn't until awhile later that he spots her again…..

***************************************************************
Hearing music begin and the assembling of girls turns the guests' attention over to the dance floor. The performance starts off with a lead girl in the front with the rest as background dancers behind her. Her back is turned faced to the audience and gracefully her hips move rhythmically along the beat of the music…..

Chunari chunari
Chunari chunari
Chunari chunari
Chunari chunari ……

 
Lal ganj ke lal bangle se lal chunariya layi….
She turns, revealing herself to the audience, and sways across the dance floor…. The crowd erupts into encouraging cheers. Jai, who stands off to the edge of the stage sharing a drink with Obreoi Uncle, is thunderstruck on the sight of Bani performing, looking gorgeous in a beautiful red and orange lehenga choli that does justice to her figure…..


Bani's Lehenga:






Chunari Chunari
Chunari chunari
Lal rang me daal daal ke lal lal rangvaayi
Chunari Chunari
Chunari chunari
The girls behind her wave their dupattas around in sync to the music while Bani continues to dance beautifully before them in a playful manner…..
Aaja na chhoole meri chunari sanam
Kuchh na mein boloon tujhe meri kasam
Aayi jawani sar pe mere
Tere pe kya karoon jawani pe rehem
Aaja na chhoole meri chunari sanam
Kuchh na mein boloon tujhe meri kasam
Aayi jawani sar pe mere
Tere pe kya karoon jawani pe rehem
Hay
Aaja na chhoole meri chunari sanam
Kuch na mein boloon tujhe meri kasam

Chunari Chunar
Chunari Chunari
Meri chunari lal rang ki sharmaaye ghabraaye
Tu jo daale ispe nazar ye aur lal ho jaaye
Chunari Chunari
Chunari Chunari
Preeti, the girl from before, dressed under the disguise of a male, appears onto the stage and takes a hold of Bani's dupatta and lips sings along the lyrics. Rano blushes bright red as she realizes that the man is supposed to be Ranveer, dressed in a similar fashion as him, and her friend is supposed to resemble her…..The guest laugh at this in an amused manner.
Teri chunari lipat lipat ke pagal mujhe banaaye
Pehle se hi tadap raha tha aur mujhe tadpaaye
Jane tamanna kar na aise sitamb
Preeti pulls on the stole and causes Bani to twirl into her arms and together they move their shoulders in coordination.
Kuch na mein bolu tujhe meri kasam
Aayi jawani sar pe mere
Tere pe kya karoon jawani pe rehem
Hay
Aaja na chhoole meri chunari sanam
Kuchh na mein boloon tujhe meri kasam
Aayi jawani sar pe mere
Tere pe kya karoon jawani pe rehem
Chunari Chunari
Chunari Chunari
They begin to dance one on one after Preeti drapes the dupatta around her own shoulders and follows Bani's in pursuit….
Chikne Chikne badan se tere sar sar chunari sarke
Aisa lage ke bin baadal ambar pe bijli kadke
Chunari Chunari
Chunari Chunari
Jee karta ye bijli mein tujhpe aaj bithaoon
Tujhko bhar loon baahon mein ye chunari tujhe udaoon
Badta hi jaye dard ho na khatam
Kuch na mein bolu tujhe meri kasam
Hoo...
Aayi jawani sar pe mere
Tere pe kya karoon jawani pe rehem
Hay hay
Aaja na chhoole meri chunari sanam
Kuchh na mein boloon tujhe meri kasam
Aayi jawani sar pe mere
Tere pe kya karoon jawani pe rehem .
Taking the stole, Preeti brings it around Bani and teasingly dances with her for a moment before releasing her, making her weave out of the dupatta and twirl off stage only to fall into a pair of masculine arms that steady her….
Aaja na choole meri chunari sanam
Kucch na mein boloon tujhe meri kasam….
Bani glances up and meets Jai's intense gray eyes that stare back at her as well. She feels her breath caught in her throat….

Chunari chunari
Chunari chunar
Chunari chunri
Chunari chunari…..

Slowly the music fades out and the cheerful applause and whistling from the audience is what brings them out of their eye lock. Jai awkwardly lets go of her from his hold… Bani blushes and doesn't meet his eyes afterwards as Preeti comes after her and brings her to the center of the stage to give a courteous bow. Rano gets up from her seated position and approaches the both of them on the dance floor, hitting them first in a scolding manner for embarrassing her so much, but then lovingly taking them into an emotional hug.
Jai watches Bani being led away with the other girls with a besotted look and sees her shyly glancing back at him before leaving from his sight…..

***********************************************************
I know, very boring part. Still, nonethless, please leave comments

هناك تعليق واحد: